Thursday, October 21, 2010

Downtown Postoffice


This is the downtown post office where I live- It's the one I love to go to - I really do not know the history of it- I'll find out and get back to you.
Ok I am back, I went to the library and looked at old articles about Bradenton Post Offices ( There was nothing about the one where I actually get my mail. The one above is my favourite one. 
It was opened for business Jan 2nd 1937- It is one of the few building with a basement around.. Some of the boxes are the original bronze combo locks ( later they added the key locks also. The walls are the original dark oak in certain area. The office area upstairs has 9 Oak captains chairs from the 30's original PO.  Next time I go in I'll ask to see the basement :) 
In Postcrossing I asked for your worst postcard- the one that sits in your drawer or box that you think no one wants.  Send it my way- I will send you a not so bad one back.

No comments:

Post a Comment